Sizzling Fajitas with Sautéed Onions
- 4-5 jumbo Idaho-E Oregon yellow onions thin slices
- 5 lbs. flank steak or chicken breasts
- 3 c. Soy sauce
- 1½ c. water
- 1½ c. vinegar
- 1 c. Vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1½ Tbsp. Black pepper
- 6 medium Green peppers julienne
- 8 oz. butter or margarine
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 20 flour tortillas
- Salsa for garnish
- Guacamole for garnish
- Combine Soy sauce, water, vinegar, Vegetable oil, garlic, and pepper. Pour over meat and marinate. Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
- Sauté onions and pepper in butter until tender. Season with lemon pepper. Keep hot while cooking meat.
- Remove meat from marinade and place on grill or broiler pan. Cook to desired doneness. Cut meat across grain into ½ inch strips heap with onion and peppers.
- Serve with warmed tortillas for wrapping. Top with salsa and guacamole.